They say “when you open a book, you open a new world”. Best eBook Reader Apps For Windows and No wonder ignition of creative minds comes with thorough reading for they serve as the weapon of knowledge and wisdom. With technology advancing at an unprecedented pace, it has truly been successful in enhancing the overall learning experience. For instance, E-books have revolutionized the digital world by bringing about an educational reform from traditional to digital learning. Having said that, E-book reader applications make the learning process even more delightful.
You may also like to read about: Best Websites To Watch Hindi Movies Online in 2020
Table of Contents
Best Ebook Reader Apps for Windows 2020:-
If we talk about the leading E-book reader application in the market, then without any doubt it’s Amazon Kindle. Amazon’s legal Kindle application for Windows (just like Mac and cell phones) is savvy and classy, and the best part is that it entices you with perusing recommendations from the Kindle store. There’s no need to install the app in case you already have an Amazon account. Notes, bookmarks, and dictionaries are the additional features that make the reading experience incredible. Our personal suggestion is for ‘Best Ebook reader Apps for windows 2020‘.
- Improved user interface
- Stores more than 1400 books
- Exceptional high-contrast screen permits you to read even in splendid daylight with no glare.
- Clear content and textual styles, and a sharp showcase just like a traditional book page.
- Movable content size.
- Have inbuilt Wi-Fi and 3G connectivity.
- The battery life of a minimum of one month if Wi-Fi goes off.
- Page-turning work so that you feel like reading a genuine book.
- Integrates with Facebook and Twitter and enables browsing on Wikipedia.
- Books can be arranged or stored as collections.
- Automatic archive feature: you’ll be able to erase books and download them later. The screen can be turned for way better seeing the illustrations.
- The inbuilt keyboard allows looking inside the book, a library, or online.
- You can give your annotations to the text.
- Built-in Oxford English Word reference.
- Does not support the EPUB book format
- Navigation is keyboard-based and not touch-screen based
Sumatra PDF is an extraordinary little digital book reader, equipped for showing books in EPUB and MOBI group, just as comic books in CBZ and CBR comic books.
Sumatra PDF is a compact application so that you can store it in a USB stick or cloud storage administration and use it on any PC. You can store your digital books in a similar spot as well, without any need to match up your library. This app has decent speed and enables easy viewing of books.
- User-friendly interface
- Portable use makes for reading PDF, XPS, DjVu, CHM, eBook and Comic books in CBZ and CBR formats
- Takes little disk space
- Supports SyncTeX which is a bidirectional method to merge Tex source and PDF output
- Excellent speed
- Multilingual as it is available in 69 languages
- Intuitive interface
- Does not have a complex editing feature
- Lesser usage of resources
- Sumatra is accessible for gratis, authorized under GPL with source code present on GitHub.
- PDFs cannot be annotated or edited
- Cannot cut empty fields
You may also like to read about: 7 Best Free VPN Apps For Windows
Calibre is one of the finest open source E-book reading apps that lets you read effortlessly and organize your E-books. Not at all like numerous free E-book readers, Calibre bolsters Amazon’s AWS version (although it won’t open DRM-protected records) as well as all the other prevalent E-book record kinds, and in case any metadata is lost (such as class or cover art), you’ll be able to include it yourself through the bookshelf’s alternatives menu. The great thing about Calibre is that it is portable and cross-platform consistent so that you’ll be able to access it on Windows, Linux, and Mac OS.
- Allows splitting and merging of the EPUB format
- Enables syncing of the content server
- Helps in the conversion of Ebooks into different formats
- Automatically install Ebook metadata
- Remove DRM from Ebooks
- Metadata can be edited effortlessly
- Wide range of reading modes
- Easy File support
- Customizable –E-book management software
- Incapable to save edited or annotated text
- Sometimes the interface is crowded
Freda (from the delightfully-named Turnipsoft) is a wonderful ebook reader that coordinates with Venture Gutenberg, allowing you to use thousands of free eBooks, and Smashwords, where you’ll be able to find works from autonomous creators and distributors. Importing your eBooks could be easy as well, reinforced with most of the prevalent versions. You can indeed connect Freda to your Dropbox account which allows you to view the books from numerous gadgets.
- Can read EPub (DRM-free), MOBI, FB2, HTML and TXT type books
- Changeable controls, textual styles, and colours
- Supported by bookmarks and annotations
- Merges with online catalogues – Feedbooks, Smashwords, Gutenberg.
- Connects to your OneDrive or DropBox accounts for installing book files
- Integrate your Calibre book library
- Categorizes your reading content across all your devices
- Employs dyslexia-friendly feature to help the Dyslexic people in reading the text
- Activates Text to speech option and auto-scroll feature
- Offers numerous alternatives for customizing content appearance and layout.
- It allows the user to use online catalogs (Feedbooks, Smashwords, etc.) and also OneDrive, Dropbox, and Calibre.
- enables you to make and send out bookmarks, highlighting, and annotations.
- Not accessible for reading DRM-protected books.
- Functions with unwanted elements like ads.
- Only used in software versions Windows 8 and Windows 10.
Bookviser incorporates a special interface that looks like a book, it has not only bookmarking features but even content highlighting features – indeed with distinctive colors. It uses various formats such as FB2, TXT, and EPUB. Moreover, you can get any book from the library at Project Gutenberg for free. It is one of the exceptionally cutting edge eBook readers for your Windows PC with various elements that will suit netizens’ interest. The app comes with a very basic and clean interface and with a practical page-turning animated element that will give you a life experience like when you read a real book.
- Sophisticated and easy interface
- Genuine page-turning animation element with landscape or portrait mode
- No barrier like an advertisement
- Customize automatic screen orientation
- Interesting theme setting
- Connection with public OPDS catalogue
- Make bookmarks
- Copy, translate and share parts of the content
- Offers word definition
- Create highlights and notes
- Read and install books from coordinated open catalogs-Feedbooks, Venture Gutenberg, Smashwords
- Synchronize reading Ebook across varied Windows device
- Does not feature DRM protected Ebooks
- Available on Windows 8 and 10
You may also like to read about Best Free Screen Recorder Apps for Windows.
Adobe Digital Editions is one of the finest Ebook apps to access on Windows 10. You can even highlight and bookmark the Ebook substance through this Adobe Digital Editions. You may even deem this one as your best alternative for enhancing your reading experience. It is free to download and access, and totally ad-free. It can be used to read EPUB and PDF books, both online and offline. DRM protected ebooks can be transferred from your various devices.
- Can be installed and transferred from multiple devices
- Supported with Multiple EPUB file format
- Can be accessed through different screen readers at a time
- Bookmarks, highlights, and notes can be made easily
- Supports DRM protected Ebooks
- User-friendly interface
- The clarity of the E-book can be magnified through Unique Image Resizer
- An additional elements like interactive quizzes, math formulas, etc. are available
- Page format scrolling slows down sometimes
Icecream Ebook Reader is an excellent ebook reader for your Windows desktop. Besides the ebook groups like .epub and .mobi, Icecream too brings other prevalent designs like FB2, PDF, etc with it. The free format of the app is quite restricted but lets you track your reading ability, include bookmarks, categorize ebooks, take notes of several texts of the ebook, alter the text style estimate and sort, etc. Besides, being a win32 application, you’ll be able to download it on any Windows software.
- Unlimited Ebook library
- Supported by a wide range of E-book formats like EPUB, MOBI, etc.
- Simplifies easy filtering of the books
- Categorizing and editing option to organize books in the library
- Features notes and highlights
- Simple and creative interface
- Option for importing and exporting E-book library
- Changeable viewing feature
- Supported by password-protected files
- The Premium version is quite expensive
You may also like to read about: Best Anime Streaming Websites.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does reading an Ebook require special software or hardware?
All that a user needs is a PC, portable device, or handheld gadget and the free Reader software which eBooks in diverse groups: PDF download, EPUB download, and Online Reader. The user needs no program other than a web browser.
2. How can a user print and edit an Ebook?
eBooks have DRM security settings which sometimes may avoid or restrain printing and replicating some ebooks. These are set by the Distributor and depend on the type of E-book, and also on the range of formats for the same ebook. You can see the security settings for each heading by clicking the “Print & copy authorizations” interface below the “Include to cart” button on the ebook item page of the respective E-book reader application.
E-book serves as an important tool in the online world because it is easily accessible, reusable, printable, interactive, flexible, and inexpensive. But making the right selection of the E-book reading source or application is even more significant to give a user credible and lively reading experience. The best Ebook reader apps for Windows software mentioned above deliver informative knowledge at the convenience of the user. This application explores a book reader to an exceptional E-learning serving platform.
James is the editor of CellAlpha. He’s a graduate and loves to write tech reviews, guides, and how-to articles. James is 24 years now.