Editing your photos might be a tedious task, and adding to that selecting the appropriate application for your windows software out of numerous design tools available on the internet even aggravates your problem. It’s like deciding between a rock and a hard place. No problem, you have us. We’ll make it easy for you with our list of some of the best free photo editor apps for windows so that your photos look lovely and stunning than ever.
The Photo-editing applications given below are loaded with various unique and interactive features plus they are free:-
You may also like to read about: Best Websites To Watch Hindi Movies Online
Table of Contents
Best Free Photo Editor Apps
This is one of the finest photo-editing applications available for free, which is immensely loaded with exclusive features. GIMP stands for GNU Image Manipulation Program. GIMP is an effective open-source photo editor. It incorporates a wide assortment of built-in elements and can be further improved by third-party plugins. GIMP contains everything you would like to add to your photographs: layers, masks, channels, mixing modes, filters, and colour alteration devices. In the most recent version, the color management function was added as the main highlight of GIMP.
- Intuitive and customizable interface
- Varied innovative options for photo enhancing features
- Digital Retouching techniques
- Hardware support for various input devices
- Supports a large no. of file formats
- Compatible with software like GNU/Linux, Microsoft Windows (XP SP3, Vista, 7, 8), Mac OS X (10.6 and newer), Sun OpenSolaris, and FreeBSD
- Customizable UI
- Lots of tutorial videos & articles
- Tons of Plugins available that expand its working and functionality
- Cross-platform support services
- Generate file in a similar format
- No pop-ups or ads
- Rare updates of new features
Pixlr X is a user-friendly application outlined for beginners and quick edits. It gives 12 fundamental elements from editing the picture to including channels to doodling on a layer. Pixlr Adaptation X is a substitution of Pixlr Express, which has been superseded due to its obsolete streak technology. PIxlr X works mainly on a web browser. It is quite straightforward, it permits you to perform a wide variety of the foremost prevalent photo-editing activities, such as altering colours, editing, adding vignettes, blurring, etc. Too, it comes with 80+ ready-to-use photo-filters that you can simply attempt to edit in just a few clicks.
- Well-designed interface
- Seamless editing features
- Gives an option to warp, distort, and change the overall look of the mage
- Wide range of cutting tools – shape, lasso, drag, and magic
- The high-quality vibrancy, highlights, and shadow features
- Support various software- Windows, macOS, Linux (in browser)
- Uses HTML 5 rather than Flash
- Modern and stylish design
- No pop-ups and ads
- Layer mixing
- No tool for drawing illustrations
You may also like to read about: 7 Best Free VPN Apps For Windows
Canva isn’t just an editor but a visual constructor. With thousands of realistic formats available for free, from symbols and pictures to fonts and backgrounds, you’ll come up with endless varieties suiting your needs. It offers a wide range of templates to design, edit, and create a conceptualized image. However, some of the resources are not free and have to be paid for accessing more unique features independently. You can even share your work with your Canva team members for further editing.
- Helps in photo-straightening
- Crops the image for masterful framing
- Text can be customized attractively.
- Employs the use of speech-bubbler to images more impactful
- Various elements for design gridding
- Suitable for platforms like Windows, macOS, Linux (in browser), Android, iOS, iPadOS.
- Best platform for designing social media posts
- Rich text & high-quality graphical assets library
- Clutter-free interface
- Pixel dimension selection option
- No layers and blending feature
- Not many photo-editing features for a free version
Paint.NET is an imaginative, free, and proficient application to alter your photos and other pictures, very effortlessly. After you require something more than ordinary Paint but not that overwhelming like Photoshop, Paint.NET is the right choice in that case. Paint.NET can be used in low-configuration & high-configuration frameworks, which helps in executing the images and designs quite elegantly.
- Layer supporting elements
- Clutter-free and simple interface
- In-built effects to customize the photos in less period
- Access to unlimited history for rectifying errors in previous images
- Supports Windows software
- Intuitive layering and filters
- Brilliant 3D zoom function
- Tons of plugins available
- Community-created plugin support
- Easy installation
- No browser option is available
Ashampoo Photo Optimizer 2019’s one-click photo altering operates pretty well for scenes, and its slider-based framework for manual alterations is thoughtfully planned. Ashampoo Photo Optimizer 2019 is a speedy and convenient way to enhance the appearance of your pictures – independently or in clusters. Moreover, it caters to other helpful functions that you won’t be able to discover in most free photo editors. Although full enlightenment is given, its streamlined interface is self-explanatory.
- Auto-detect the unmatched colours for rectification
- Instantly customize poor lighting with bright light.
- Auto-optimizes white colour
- Supports Windows software
- Auto-correction of inappropriate alterations
- Supports sufficient sliders for optimizing photos
- Varied batch editing options
- Clean and clutter-free interface
- Lacks adequate features
- No miscellaneous colour option is available
You may also like to read about: Best Free Screen Recorder Apps for Windows.
BeFunky is a complete feature-packed online photo editor and collage producer accessible in an ultra-simple interface. It strengthens functions for getting a photo from your desktop, capturing from a webcam or other sources like Facebook or Dropbox. It includes tons of incredible features, organized in different categories, such as Fundamental Altering, Touches Up, Impact, Illustrations, etc. Moreover, BeFunky’s interface for editing is quick and straightforward to use, and there’s also an advanced alternative. Overall, BeFunky was simply sublime.
- Features multiple editing options of various photos at a time
- Customizable vector graphics
- Allows grouping of layer
- Powerful editing functions
- Supports Microsoft, iOS, Android, etc.
- A clean and well-designed interface
- Distinct features like Cartoonizer
- Easy to use
- Not suitable for extensive editing
Fotor is another free photo-editing application suitable for Windows software that’s perfect for offering your pictures a boost instantly. Fotor is one of the best choices for the best free photo editor of 2020. Fotor is pressed with image-revamping elements and alters to form the pictures’ appearance the best. It allows all the prevalent picture record designs and indeed gives Raw file formatting. Fotor is loaded with one-click filters outlined to improve your pictures based on the formats in which they were taken and the subject.
- Exclusive edit adjustment
- Uses HDR tech
- Possess 100+ Photo effects
- Portrait touch-up function
- Supports various platforms like Windows, macOS, Linux
- Highly powered elements and easy to use interface
- 1-tap enhancements make the editing process quite simple
- Advanced beauty functions with30+ stylish frames
- Undesirable elements like Ads
You may also like to read about: Best Anime Streaming Websites.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which is the best photo-editing tool for Windows if the user wants to have a specialization in photo-editing?
The best photo-editing application is merely a subjective concept as it may vary from person to person and their requirements. But, if one wants to discover lots of exciting and unique features, then Adobe Photoshop is the right choice. It’s a paid application with $10 as a monthly subscription. Therefore, it is recommendable because it has a tremendous learning curve.
2. Which is the best photo-editing application for tuning the image?
DxO Optics is an extraordinary editor for tuning the picture. It has the finest tools for redressing focal point distortions and for adjusting both flat and vertical viewpoints. It can indeed rectify voluminous distortions presented by wide point focal points. You can even employ special features to your tool kit in addition to the exceptional capabilities for having a back-up shadow detail and expelling clamor and film emulations.
3. What is the best free photo editor for Android?
In Android, there are various fantastic photo editing applications. But only a few apps are using which you can customize your images by editing contrast, saturation, levels, HDR, drama, tuning image, brightness, temperature, white balance, tint, clarity, and adding a vignette, shadow features. Some of these are Adobe LightRoom, Snapseed, etc.
To sum up, selecting the best photo editor for your Windows software depends on your requirement. The best free photo editor apps for windows mentioned above will make photo editing as satisfactory and effective as the expensive and feature-rich Adobe Photoshop application. These free photo-editing apps have tons of features and tools to let you alter or improve your images in just the way you want your photos to look. It also enables you to customize the interface and functions available so that you can get the perfect working environment for editing your photos greatly.
James is the editor of CellAlpha. He’s a graduate and loves to write tech reviews, guides, and how-to articles. James is 24 years now.