There’s no denying in the fact that YouTube holds the monopoly in the video streaming segment, for it is the most-watched video streaming platform. Though there are other video streaming platforms like DailyMotion, Vimeo, Twitch, etc. but they stand no chance in front of YouTube. Slow internet connectivity might obstruct your video viewing experience. But how can we get rid of unsteady connection and ensure a smooth running of the videos? Easy. All you need to do is to install a best free YouTube downloaders on your device and enjoy watching buffer-free video content. Mentioned below are some of the best free YouTube downloaders in 2020, which lets you watch disruption-free video content.
You may also like to read about: IMO for PC- Download Latest PC version without BlueStacks.
- 1 Best Free YouTube Downloaders in 2020
- 2 1. 4K Video Downloader
- 3 2. KeepVid
- 4 3. Free YouTube Download
- 5 4. Winx
- 6 5. Tubemate
- 7 6. Any Video Converter Free
- 8 7. aTube Catcher
- 9 Frequently Asked Questions
- 10 Conclusion
Best Free YouTube Downloaders in 2020
4K Video Downloader is one of the video downloaders that gets the maximum number of installations on a daily basis. It is a video downloader that is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux. With this, you can download any sort of YouTube playlists available with/without subtitles: “Watch Afterward” and “Liked video”, Personal Mix playlists. It even allows you to stream in different video quality modes ranging from 4K, 1080p to 720p quality. You can even transfer the downloaded recordings straight away to your iTunes library and play them on your iPhone, iPod, or iPad.
- Allows auto-downloading of videos from subscribed youtube playlists/ channels.
- Offers smart mode highlight to auto-apply suggested settings for all future downloads.
- Facilitates downloading of 3D recordings and 360°/virtual reality videos.
- Equipped with an in-app intermediary setup to bypass geo-restrictions.
- Can add annotations and subtitles to the selected recordings.
- Supports over 50 languages.
- Allows recordings in 4K quality and even up to 8K quality.
- Instant installation
- Intuitive interface
- Very easy to use
- Lot of fine-tuning
- Offers tons of compatible websites/services
- Does not come with mobile application
- Restriction on playlist downloads
KeepVid is a cloud-based application that permits you to download videos in high quality and helps even in the conversion of the video in MP4, AVI, iPhone, etc. format. You’ll be able to utilize it to change over video having any measure. KeepVid provides you a drag and drop option. You can even tap on the add button to include any video file. This app supports Firefox and Chrome web browsers.
- Supports a large number of video formats including SWF and Fla
- Allows batch downloading of videos
- In-built browser to view videos directly
- Supports over 150 video formats
- Allows audio-ripping from videos
- Supports the use of multiple devices
- Video player integrated
- 30 times faster video conversion
- Well-designed and user-friendly interface
- Easy to use
- Flawless media player
- Easily converts 2D videos to 3D format
- Contains intrusive elements like Ads
You may also like to read about: 7 Best Free Photo Editor Apps For Windows
3. Free YouTube Download
YouTube Downloader is easy to use video downloading the application. The app lets you download video content only from YouTube videos. But it is a really great choice for downloading your desirable recordings. It enables you to download videos in various resolutions ranging from 144p to 1080p. The video downloading application also lets you download just the audio, or convert and download videos into an MP3 file format. It is compatible with macOS, Windows, Linux, Android, and iPhone devices.
- Facilitates fast YouTube video downloads.
- Supports WebM, M4A, and MP3.
- Video can be searched and sorted by title.
- Available for free on macOS, Windows, Linux, Android, and iPhone devices
- Video conversion available in different quality modes
- Add subtitles to the videos.
- Clutter-free interface
- Easy navigation
- Allows batch downloads
- Simple to use
- Free version allows video downloads limited to three minutes or less.
- Only saves videos from the YouTube platform.
This YouTube downloading application is excellent and very easy to use. From YouTube to Vimeo to Dailymotion to Facebook, this amazing YouTube downloader for Windows lets you download videos from over 600 websites in different quality, format, and resolution. You can include up to 1,000 video URLs at the same time. WinX YouTube Downloader will naturally analyze their resolution, format, and file size, and list all output alternatives that can be accessed.
- Multiple videos can be downloaded simultaneously.
- Supports more than 300 sites
- Allows a different range of output formats
- Provide various resolution
- Enables snapshot from the video
- Auto converts the downloaded videos.
- Top-rated engine
- Does not contain ads and pop-ups
- Clean and safe interface
- Easy to operate
- Provides a wide choice of conversion selection
- Can’t download audio in MP3 format
Tubemate is also one of the most popular video downloading applications that allows you to download YouTube video content. It permits you to set an SD card or organize a specific folder to save the video. This app will enable you to alter downloading speed. It can assist you in changing the languages as it supports the transition. If the language has been changed mistakenly, you can restore it effortlessly. This app is straightforward to use and understand.
- Offers the facility to download plenty of online videos
- Allows downloading of audio from the videos converted into MP3
- Provides pause and resume option
- Allows multiple downloads simultaneously.
- Provides many types of resolutions
- Downloaded videos are saved on SD cards by default.
- Enables multiple connections for the best download speeds
- Offers a wide range of video resolutions
- Well-designed user interface
- Maintains a track of all downloaded videos
- Compatibility issues
- Limited features are available.
You may also like to read about: Best eBook Reader Apps For Windows in 2020
Any Video Converter Free is so far one of the best free YouTube downloaders available out there. With this, you’ll be able to download any video of your choice. The downloaded videos can be converted into a preferable format. Moreover, you can even convert any of the video recordings from your PC to the required format. You can change the video content from any device, including iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Samsung, and more.
- Supports a wide array of video formats
- Easily convert the video format.
- Supports audio file formats also.
- Merges multiple videos and converted it into a single file
- Allows conversion of YouTube videos directly from the website
- Contains built-in editor tool
- Play Video tab gives access to files, folders, discs, and ISO images.
- Supports a wide variety of input formats
- Allows adding effects to the video before converting
- Compatible with Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, and XP
- Continually asks to buy AVC Pro after converting every file.
- Download additional software during setup
aTube Catcher is one of the leading YouTube downloading applications that download videos from the likes of YouTube, Dailymotion, and Metacafe. The downloaded videos can be converted to a large number of formats that support playback on a wide assortment of gadgets.
aTube Catcher is a one-stop solution to all your video downloading problems. It offers best-assured quality to stream on a high-resolution monitor and compresses your videos in a smaller sized file. It is equipped with an in-built screen and sound recorders, making it a suitable Youtube downloading application.
- Features a Turbo downloading option
- Built-in recorder of CD and DVDs
- Built-in audio recorder function
- Video converter comes with a wide range of formats.
- Allows conversion of videos, downloading audio and burning optical discs
- No ads
- Easy installation
- Offers lots of option for the output file format
- Sluggish speed
- Poor settings
You may also like to read about: Best Android Emulators in 2020
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are Downloading YouTube Videos illegal?
Yes, it is illegal to download videos from YouTube. And youtube videos must be downloaded if your purpose includes any of the following-
- It’s your own content.
- It’s a royalty-free stock video content.
- You get approval from the original owner/uploader.
Youtube discourages the downloading of videos to protect the interest of its users, or the rightful owner of the video content registers copyright with the Youtube platform.
2. How to Use a Free YouTube Downloader properly?
There are a lot of ways to download Youtube videos. One may use a YouTube premium version for this, but it requires a monthly/ yearly subscription.
- These programs and online devices enable you to copy in a link and then download the video as per YouTube’s terms and conditions.
- Once you get the link, you should then paste it into the downloader of your choice.
- From there, you can effectively select the video format, such as Mp4, MWV, and many more.
- After this, simply click download, and your video will begin to get downloaded onto your computer.
- On the basis of the length of the video, this could take a few minutes.
Note: It is advisable to use Mp4 as it offers lossless compression and has excellent storage.
3. What formats does the Video Download Application support?
Video download software can save videos in various formats. You may save videos in MP4, AVI, FLV, 3GP, WMV, MOV, and others. Also, you can mention the application to extract audio and store the file in MP3 and WAV format.
Basically, YouTube downloaders make downloading videos from YouTube and other video-sharing websites really simple. Every Youtube application comes with its own good and bad. What’s the best free Youtube downloader for you depends on your need and interest. But the best free Youtube downloaders in 2020 mentioned above are easy to use and even support a large number of input video formats. They convert almost all the files to a collection of high-definition output formats that runs successfully on various devices.